Seqirus news releases
• Flu vaccination rates are significantly lower than last year - fewer than one in two Australians working with patients have had their flu vaccine in 2021 – compared with almost more than double that number this time last year (47.6% vs 88.6%)
• The Australian Government recommends flu vaccination for everyone aged six months and older
• Every flu season is different – and it is hard to predict what will happen each season
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) has released 830,000 locally made doses of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine, ahead of initial scheduling.
CSL is pleased to confirm that the final stages of manufacturing of the AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccine for Australia are planned to commence next week, with first doses on track for release towards the end of March, subject to approval by the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA).
• With holidays at home in Australia this year, a new consumer survey reveals an underpreparedness to deal with potentially deadly bites and stings from venomous creatures
• Despite some experts saying snake encounters are increasing1,2, less than half of respondents could identify the correct first aid procedures for a snake bite3
• Only 27% said that they would always pack a first aid kit when going to the bush or beach, despite half indicating they have been bitten or stung and/or witnessed venomous bites and stings firsthand
• 41% could not recall ever receiving training on first aid for venomous bites and stings
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL) today announced it has signed a Heads of Agreement (HoA) with the Australian Government for the supply of 51 million doses of the University of Queensland’s (UQ) COVID-19 vaccine candidate (V451), and a separate HoA with AstraZeneca to manufacture the Oxford University candidate (AZD1222), should clinical trials of both prove successful.
Seqirus Australia is pleased to confirm that additional supplies of flu vaccinations have started to roll out across the country – with around one million doses expected to be rolled out in the next three weeks, ahead of the peak influenza months.
Local flu vaccine manufacturer Seqirus will go back into production to supply Australians approximately two million additional flu vaccines for the 2020 flu season.
In consultation with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Seqirus is issuing a Product Defect Correction for PALEXIA® SR 100mg tablet lot 986P01.
In consultation with the Therapeutic Goods Administration (TGA), Seqirus is issuing a Product Defect Correction for PALEXIA® SR 100mg tablet lot 985P01.
Seqirus Pty Ltd (Seqirus) and Gedeon Richter Plc (Richter) today announced the signing of an exclusive license agreement to commercialise a novel antipsychotic in Australia and New Zealand.
The project is intended to significantly improve access to antivenoms by combining a large antivenom donation, healthcare worker training, with a purpose-built distribution and product management system.
Seqirus launches #NoStingsSummer campaign encouraging Aussies to take care and watch out for bites and stings this summer
Seqirus has entered the over-the-counter market for the first time with a new Schedule 2, medicated patch, Nervoderm®.
Lisa Lamb, Manufacturing Director for Products of National Significance at biopharmaceutical company Seqirus has been named winner of the Manufacturing Excellence category at the 2017 Women in Industry Awards hosted in Melbourne on Thursday 22 June.
A quadrivalent flu vaccine manufactured by Seqirus locally in Melbourne, Australia is available for the 2017 Australian flu season for adults aged 18 years and older.
CSL Limited (ASX:CSL; USOTC: CSLLY) today announced that it has now closed its transaction to acquire Novartis global influenza vaccine business for a cash consideration of US$275 million.